How to Care For Your See Through Canoe
To ensure your See Through Canoe remains in good condition for a long time, follow these tips. These tips can apply to almost any polycarbonate product.
• Cover when not in use, don't leave it out exposed in the sun and elements. The See Through Canoe has a layer of UV protection on each side to prevent sun damage, however, storing it in the shade will help keep it looking great for a very long time.
• Scratches that you get on the bottom of the canoe will "fill in" when you put it on the water so you won't notice them. Scratches that you get on the inside of the vessel will be noticed so remove shoes while in the canoe.
• Keep a couple towels with you. Put your gear on a towel inside of the canoe to prevent scratching.
• It's best not to use anything to clean your See Through Canoe other than a mild solution of dish soap diluted in water and a soft sponge. If necessary, you can also use alcohol or a mild plastics or polycarbonate buffing compound such as the buffing compoud included with the purchase of your canoe . Do not use windex or other solvents. Do not get sun tan lotion or sun screen on your See Through Canoe, if you do, remove it as quickly as possible with alcohol or a plastics or polycarbonate buffing compound.
• Dry your canoe after you rinse it off with clean water. This will keep water spots from appearing.
• The included buffing compound or McGuire's Water Spot Remover will remove water spots & other blemishes if they build up.
• The rubbing compound we include will also remove light scratches on the canoe.
How to attach the back of the motor mount - Click Image to Enlarge